On Kitesurf diploma 1, you achieve the most basic skills to move on safely with kitesurfing under conditions suitable for beginners, such as shallow water depth.
1. Use basic "kite signs'' to communicate from distance:
- Ready for Launch
- I want to land my kite
2. Perform correct rigging of a kite. Including being able to trigger and assemble the chicken loop, as well as mount the leash yourself.
3. Free yourself quickly from the kite:
- Slip the bar
- Trigger chicken loop quick release
- Trigger quick release on the lease
4. Check the equipment for faults and defects
5. Control the kite in the "neutral zone" and walk with the kite placed stably
6. Trim the kite using a "trim ladder" so the kite obtains the correct power
7. Control the power of the kite by moving the bar in and out
8. Fly the kite in control through the "power zone"
9. Perform "body drag" downwind to both starboard (right) and port (left)
10. Carry the kite and bar in the water
11. Perform safe "launch" and "landing" of the kite as an assistant and can determine the right angle between wind and kite
12. Perform safe "launch" and "landing" of the kite as a pilot and can determine the right angle between wind and kite
13. "Relaunch" the kite (starting from the water) from the direct downwind position
14. How to make a water start
15. How to "body drag" upwind (superman)
16. How to handle a kite unhooked by dropping the bar
17. To counteract the kite to oversheet / "back staller"
18. What criteria a kitesurf spot must accommodate to be suitable for its level
19. You know how to choose the correct size of the kite in different wind speeds
20. The most important rules in the water (ROW (Right Of Way) rules introduction)
21. The most typical unexpected situations, and how to deal with such situations as a beginner
22. How to practice "good seamanship" and "surf spirit" on the beach and the water
23. How to get ahead with kitesurfing and the relevance of the "Kitesurfer 2" diploma
24. How to find and interpret weather forecasts on the Internet and what weather conditions you should be aware of
25. What clothing is appropriate for the season